Thursday, November 5, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection

Image result for success


1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...)
I haven't spent a lot of time with my mentor. He has a busy schedule to keep and it's been tough getting a set date to mentor under him. He has bigger priorities to attend to and I am fine by that. There are other professional architects that I can shadow under in my mentors firm. 


2.  How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you? 
How I found my mentor was through my dad. He was actually pretty excited for me to get into architecture. 
 

3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship?  How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship/with this person
I will say, my relationship with my mentor, will be at a solid 7. Like my mentor doesn't dislikes me, it's just that it is hard for my mentor to find time for me. Even though we don't hang much, we are pretty comfortable with each other. Hopefully, I can bring up the rating. 


4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?
What went well in my interview was that my interview had a lot of information. I could tell he had a lot of information but didn't want to continue because he was taking to much time. What I need to improve it getting more information about my topic. There is a lot more to my senior topic to fully understand it. I will go about this by doing more research and trying to find more than one mentors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment