Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Independent Component 1


Literal 
I, Christian (Lego) Legaspino, affirm that I have completed my independent component which represents 34 hours and 30 minutes of work. During my independent component, I did not use a written source to help complete my project. What I did use and reference for help was my mentor's coworker, Bob L., who works at CMC Architects and Engineers. What I did for my independent component was build a model of one of my mentor's client's house. My mentor gave me the task and I used this opportunity as my independent component. So as I stated, I built someones house to give the client a representation of what their house will look like. I built a exact replica of what the house will look like. From the facade of the building to the roofing. 

Interpretive
Oh this project took over 30 hours alright. Making a professional model for my mentor's client when I have little to none experience is not an easy task. I had a hard time cutting, gluing, and keeping the model clean. 


This was the beginning stages of my model. Looks neat doesn't it? This is when I first started piecing the facades of the building together. These are the main walls of the building. The front section of the house was a whole new thing. Because the house is proportional to the real thing, the spacing and alignment of these walls needed to be on point. Which in my eyes were pretty darn well. Then I cut of more walls or features of the house and attached it to the house. The detailing of the house took a while. You think that would be the easy part or let along the easy part, but boy am I wrong. If I mess up gluing the detail onto the walls...I ruin the aesthetic appeal of it (which I learned the hard way). 


Pretty nice, huh? 


How about this angle? Looking good. 

This model took a lot of work. I had to be delicate so I would not break it while also being careful so I keep the model looking nice. What it is laying on is the foundation of the place the actual house will be at. The contour of the lade and how the house will be laid respected to its surroundings. 

Applied
This helped me with the foundation of my senior topic by the design aspect and the precision of how the pieces are fitted in. Because of the way the house was built I can see the functionality of things. Such as the spacing of rooms, or even why some things are placed the way they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment